Your villa manager, Surdirma, has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Invariably many of them will live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Lombok life and will be happy to guide you personally.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of Malimbu Cliff Villa.
- Play a round of golf at the Lombok Golf Kosaido Country Club – a serene 18-hole championship course on Sira bay with dramatic views of Mount Rinjani.
- If it is nightlife you are after then hit bars and restaurants of nearby resort town Senggigi, popular with tourists.
- Go scuba diving or snorkelling in the crystal aquamarine waters of the Gili Islands, famed for their many sea turtles, or simply laze in a hammock on the white sandy beaches of Gili Trawangan, Meno or Air. Boats to the islands are easily organised.
- If you are on for a challenge and have three days to spare, trek to the rim of Mount Rinjani, Lombok’s revered volcano. Alternatively, a daytrip to the waterfalls in the surrounding national park is well worthwhile and a good guide can be arranged if you want to venture off the beaten track.
- Pamper yourself with an in-villa massage or spa treatment, or visit the lovely spa at nearby Qunci Villas.
- Go on a souvenir shopping spree to Lombok’s pottery, weaving and basketware villages, or visit Sweta’s Bertais market which sells pretty much everything made on the island.
- Lombok is well known for its pearl farms. For loose pearls and pearl jewellery, visit one of the specialist retail outlets in Sekarbela near Mataram.
- For a change of scene, eat out at the fascinating living museum, Hotel Tugu, or enjoy a gourmet dinner at the 5-star Lombok Lodge.
- Learn about Lombok’s cultural heritage on a visit to a traditional Sasak tribal village.
- Ask Surdirman to arrange a tour with a local surf guide, who will take you to some of the best surfing spots on the island.